SoGS is committed to developing a culture within our school community that recognises the shared responsibility to reduce our environmental footprint and promote sustainability.
We intend to create a balanced and equitable approach to the development of ecological programs within our curriculum that will enable our students to become informed, responsible, resourceful and respectful global citizens. SoGS is a registered Resource Smart School, committed to achieving 5 stars for our efforts.
- To develop an environmentally conscious culture at School of the Good Shepherd and its surrounding community.
- To minimise landfill waste to increase the percentage of material that is reused, recycled and composted.
- To reduce the amount of energy through smarter practices and greater efficiency as well as working towards using carbon neutral energy sources.
- To increase the biodiversity and habitat quality of the school grounds by planting indigenous species and increasing the habitat area for local wildlife.
- To promote a safe and nurturing environment for school chickens and create a cycle through organic waste and appropriate use of chicken materials.